So many sales going on, trips to warmer locations, clothes don’t fit from the holidays. Numerous reasons your closet is in disarray. This post never gets old. After purging more clients closets, here is what I have continued to learn!
- Remove seasonal, keep in storage or another closet.
- Turn hangers around, in 3 months, toss or donate if not worn.
- Keep shoes in a bucket, on the door in a sleeve, or boxes on a shelf. Get them off the floor!
- Make everything reachable, visible, and sorted. Sweaters stacked, shorts together.
- Arrange by type of clothing, then color. Dresses all together, then white, ROYGBIV and black
- And I love seeing all of the same hangar. The felt ones for clothing in most home stores are excellent. They do not stretch clothes. And they turn easily!
Your closet is an expression of yourself!
And hopefully a neat and organized closet will make getting dressed in the early morning much easier
Most importantly do what is right for you. Don’t pitch for the sake of eliminating items, then go buy a whole new wardrobe. This is a lifestyle process and evolves over time as you evolve. I’m a big fan of the capsule wardrobe (which is a whole other post) and less is more. Pure away and you won’t regret it. Go forth and purge my fashionable friends!!!
PS I am the worst at taking beofre pics. I just jump in and get going! Sorry I don’t have any good before images.